Oh, man. I’m so bored right now, I totally need this. Here we go [via marco]:
Ten years ago I was:
Getting ready to graduate high school/planning a move from Los Angeles to Chicago.
Five things on today’s to do list:
1. Make a dent in unpacking/setting stuff up in my new apartment.
2. Insert the notes I scrawled in the margins of Richard Brody’s Everything is Cinema last night into the thing I’m writing about Sympathy for the Devil.
3. Go to the post office and drop off my change of address thingy.
4. Massive shopping spree @ Target.
5. I don’t think I’ll have time for a number 5.
Things I’d do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy houses in Los Angeles, Napa and San Francisco.
2. Hire someone to transport me back and forth between the houses.
3. Fill the houses with books and films.
4. Become a patron to filmmakers and artists. Install them in houses if necessary.
5. Quit writing about film for money and go back to writing about film out of love.
6. Force my father to retire. Maybe install him in the Los Angeles house.
Three bad habits:
3. Vascilating wildly between apathy and obsession.
Places I have lived:
In order: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York.
Six jobs I’ve had in my life:
Hair salon receptionist, pasta factory manager. cheesemonger, book restocker at the Virgin Megastore, assistant video editor, film blogger.