Media Log, April 15-20, 2013
1. Mad Men, Season 6, episode 2, iTunes
2. Coverage of Boston Marathon, CNN International, hotel TV
3. Various exhibits at the Tate Modern. Highlights: the more abstract of Roy Lichtenstein’s peak-period paintings (especially Explosion) and his later brass sculptures; mike Kelley’s Channel One, Channel Two, Channel Three.
4. Man Ray portraits at the National Portrait Gallery, London
5. David Bowie Is,Victoria and Albert Museum
6. An American Werewolf in London by John Landis, projected from DCP at BFI Southbank
7. Oblivion, by Joseph Kosinski, projected from DCP at CineCite Les Halles
8. Canned Vin Scully reminiscences from the archives, broadcast on MLB AT Bat app to fill time before the Dodgers/Orioles home opener was called for rain
9. Many podcasts, including Scott Conant on WTF With Marc Maron, and various, increasingly depressing editions of Dodger Talk.